Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Field of Dreams

We here at S.A.F.Y.B.F. are obviously of the opinion that a little nudity between friends can be very therapeutic, but we've just heard from someone who doesn't feel this is a humans-only phenomenon. Judy Fontana of Scarsdale PA writes us to let us know that she's had some interesting results working with members of the bovine community.

"I'm an animal lover and a vegetarian, but I do own a few dairy cows, and it's always on my mind how to make the milking process as innocuous and as productive as possible. One morning it dawned on me what a vulnerable position we were putting our cows in day after day, and I thought, maybe if I showed them that I was willing to be vulnerable, too, it would help them relax and the whole process would be that much easier all around."


Judy also reports that since she instituted this procedure four and a half months ago, average milk yields are up 4.7%. It might not seem like much, but as she says, "For the amount of work I'm doing, it's phenomenal."

No comments:

Post a Comment