Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Like Coffee, Only Healthier

Sheryl Lefebvre of Richmond Virginia sends us this latest picture, along with a lovely story of a charming morning ritual.



Sheryl and her neighbour, Richard Wisenhunt, have been living next door to each other for just over two years, and they have evolved a routine over that time. They would pass each other every morning as they began their respective exercise regimens, with Richard being an avid cyclist and Sheryl being a fan of brisk morning walks. They would offer neighbourly greetings, but not long ago Richard mentioned in passing that he was beginning to have some knee trouble, and it seemed more and more likely that he would have to seriously curtail his morning rides, if not end them all together.

"I felt pretty bad for Richard, because I know how I would feel if I had to give up my walks," Sheryl says. "He's always been such a good neighbour, you know, helping shovel the driveway and taking care of my mail when I'm away, I figured the least I could do was try to give him some extra incentive to keep going."

Richard was a little surprised the next morning when Sheryl didn't start her walk at their customary time, but that was nothing compared to the surprise he got when he got back. Sheryl had decided to change her morning schedule so that she was starting her walk as Richard was getting home, and to give him something to look forward to, she decided to go topless. "It was just such a lovely thing for her to do," Richard says. "I mean, I've always looked forward to seeing Sheryl's big smile every morning, but this is really going the extra mile."

Richard and Sheryl's new routine has been going on for almost a year now, and Richard reports that his knees have never felt better.



No comments:

Post a Comment